769 Fulham Road was a pet shop in years gone by, and then it became a printers. When we took over the building it was a bit sorry for itself, having been an light industrial site for many years. We were in the fortunate position of being able to strip out everything and rebuild 769 to our custom specifications as an Osteopathy practice. It was built with the needs of human beings in mind;
The rooms had to have, as far as possible, natural light, fresh air, and the right colour, texture and feel. We used as far as was possible green and environmentally healthy options. All rooms have;
- Full Spectrum Lighting
- Fresh air ventilation and not air conditioning
- Natural non-toxic paints by Ecos
- Wax-based floor finishes for a warm look and feel, and no organic solvents
- Underfloor warm water heating so no electric fields everywhere
- Energy saving downlighters by Phillips Masterline, being rolling upgraded to warm white LED.
- Natural cleaning products
- Soaps by Ecover
- Extensive use of natural semi-conductor surfaces - wood and leather and wax rather than plastic.
- Extensive custom soundproofing. This also acts to thermally insulate and raise thermal inertia, helping to keep an even and economical to maintain temperature
Andrew, the practice principal once helped write a book on the ecological home. The knowledge has been put to work in Fulham Osteopaths.